Delco Automation Inc.
OUR POLICY RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY AND THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected by us at or before the time the information is collected.
Personal information is the information that relates to you, that identifies you as a customer of Delco Automation, and that allows us to provide services and information directly to you. Delco Automation will advise you when and why a file containing personal information is opened. We ask you for your personal information so that we can:
- understand your needs;
- determine if our products and services meet your needs;
- inform you about our products and services, or those of our Delco Automation partners, that we believe may be of interest to you;
- or comply with the law.
Of course, you can choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information. However, this choice may not enable us to provide you with the product, service, or information that you requested or that could be offered to you.
Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. We only collect, use, or disclose personal information for purposes we believe you would consider appropriate under the circumstances. When you become a customer of Delco Automation, we may use your name and address for general mailing purposes. We believe you would also expect us to contact you to advise you of new and existing services that may be of interest to you. From time to time, we will inform you of such services via direct marketing. Direct marketing material is usually delivered to you by mail, telephone or electronic means. You may choose not to receive these offers and have your name deleted from our direct marketing lists.
The names, addresses and telephone numbers of our customers may be transmitted to a trusted third-party mailing service in order to inform you of products and services that we offer (or that we and our Delco Automation partners jointly offer) and that we believe may interest you. Our Depending of the circumstances, we may require our partners to have a policy in place that complies with the requirements of applicable federal or provincial privacy legislation in Canada and the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information.
Except as set out in this policy, or as required by law, Delco Automation does not sell or disclose any of your personal information to any other organization and Delco Automation will not transmit personal information to third parties without first obtaining your written consent to do so. Delco Automation may, however, disclose information in the following cases:
- to our lawyer
- to a police force, if required by law;
- to a person authorised by a law or collective agreement;
- to a government agency which can oblige us to do so;
- in emergency situations in which the life, health or safety of a customer is in danger;
- to all other persons authorized by law;
- to an authorized contractor providing service to you;
- to another person for the development, enhancement, marketing or provision of any of Delco Automation ‘s products or services on our behalf that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to an agent retained by Delco Automation in connection with the collection of the your account;
- to credit grantors and reporting agencies;
- to a person who, in the reasonable judgement of Delco Automation, is seeking information as your agent;
- or a third party or parties, where the customer consents to such disclosure.
We only collect the information that we need in order to deliver services and information to you. We do not use techniques to collect personal information about you without your knowledge.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
We do not use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law.
Your personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. Delco Automation does not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes required or as required by law.
Your personal information is kept as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.